Monday, June 2, 2008

Minneapolis

I am in Minneapolis this week working a Tradeshow called AIHCE (American Industrial Hygiene Conference & Expo). It is one of the best show we do all year. As much as I hate being away from my family. I love traveling to new places, and so far it has been a fun trip. I flew into town Sunday afternoon at about 2:00 PM. I checked into the Hyatt and went straight to the Convention Center to set-up our booth. After that I went on a wonderful run around the Lake of the Isles in the middle of town (seven miles). I love running in new cities! I think that it is awesome way to get to know a new place, and get a feel for the people that live there. Minneapolis is full of bike and running paths. This path I found in a issue of Runners World. The lake is surrounded by some of the best Real Estate in the city. I felt like I was running in a Thomas Kinkade Painting. I came across the Spoon and Cheery in a park on the way to the Lake. It is just one of hundreds of sculptures around the city.



Monday night we found a Southern Brazil Traditional Restaurant called Fogo de Chao. The menu features unlimited servings of 15 different delectable cuts of fire-roasted meats, a sumptuous buffet of gourmet salads and fresh-cut vegetables, and a variety of Brazilian side dishes.
Each guest uses a two-sided disk to control the pace of their meal. The green side signals the Gaucho chefs to bring out skewers of sizzling fire-roasted meats to carve at the table. The red side indicates a stopping point. Turning back to green lets the Gaucho chefs know to start offering the meats again.
The traditional side dishes of warm cheese bread, fried bananas, crispy hot polenta and seasoned mashed potatoes are automatically brought to each table and replenished throughout the meal. Let’s just say that my disk spent a lot of time on the Green side. We had to go on a six mile walk along the Mississippi River to burn all this food off.


1 comment:

MisterandMissesLem said...

Look at my Baby blogging away! You go with your bad self. Kate is Great is very impressed too! We sure do miss you and can't wait for you to come home tomorrow. We Love You!