Thursday, June 5, 2008

Hell's Kitchen

What in the world is “Hell’s Kitchen” you might be asking yourself? Well, it is only the best breakfast in Minneapolis! I stumbled upon this restaurant on my way back to the convention center after having a wonderful lunch at a local bread company. It was a rainy day and the chicken noodle soup bread bowl with a turkey bacon sandwich hit the spot. I was exploring the city on my way, and I decided to take a different street back. I looked down the street and saw a sign that said Hell’s Kitchen. With a sign like that I just had to stop and look. A sign in the window stated that they served the best damn breakfast in town, and I had just eaten two mediocre breakfasts back to back at the hotel (sorry Hyatt). I started to get really excited! I took a look at the menu and I saw words like Lemon-Ricotta hotcakes, Mahnomin Porridge, and Carmel-Pecan Roll. I was sold!!! So I made a date with myself for breakfast the next morning at 8:00.

It was a little easier to roll out of bed the next morning, and get ready for the show knowing I was about to have the “Best Damn Breakfast in Town”! I met with Joe Pecha a salesman from our company the next morning in the lobby, and we made a bee line to Hell’s Kitchen. Now the hard part - what to get? If Kelly had been there, she would know what to get. I was all on my own. I scanned the menu until I found the heading “A Foodie’s Heaven”, and I thought to myself this is exactly where Kelly would start. Just then our waitress stopped by and I asked her what she would recommend.....her reply.......the Lemon-Ricotta Hotcakes, Toast with their homemade Peanut Butter, and a Caramel-Pecan Roll to chase it down with. “SOLD”!!!



The moment I have been waiting for finally arrives, and I was not disappointed. My taste buds went wild with every bite I took. This must be the euphoria that all Foodie’s look for. I was in heaven! The Lemon-Ricotta Hotcakes were dusted with powdered sugar and covered with berries. Every bite melted in my mouth. Next, I tried the Caramel-Pecan Roll. What a combination toasted Salty Pecan’s and Homemade Carmel Sauce – Loved It! Now to my favorite the Home Made Peanut Butter!!! Now you might be saying to yourself how could Peanut Butter be that good. Here are the Ingredients: Roasted Peanuts, Peanut Oil, Brown Sugar, Honey, Salt, and Spices. They leave the peanuts in a crunchy form and the Honey and Spice are oh so “Nice”! Well you are just going to have to take my would for it, or you can ask Kelly because it was so good that I bought her a tub of it. I also brought her a Caramel-Pecan Roll home. I knew she would love it! Some men bring flowers and some bring food. You just have to know the way to your women’s heart! And anyone who know's my wife knows that food it definitely the way to hers!!!!!

http://www.hellskitcheninc.com/


P.S. You can order their Peanut Butter on-line….

3 comments:

ATeamplus1 said...

Ben you are CRUEL! My mouth started watering, I am so hungry now! Do you know, does that Hell's Kitchen have any relation to the Hell's Kitchen show on TV, maybe like a branch. Probably not but I though I would ask. Just to let you know I am getting really excited about the Ocean, counting down the days, and there is a light at the end of the tunnel. See you later!!!

Ben Brown said...

No they are not related to the show, but these are the rules before you can enter.
-No Whining
-No Swearing
-No Complaining
-No Surly Attitudes
-No Stingy Tipping
-And No Flak about any of the above.
See you in 12 days!

MisterandMissesLem said...

that caramel pecan roll WAS "so damn good!!!!" mmmmm!!!!!