Friday, November 7, 2008

Morning Musings.....

One of the best things about children..... you never know what they're going to say!

One of the fearful things about children.... you never know what they're going to say!

This was the conversation this morning during our car ride to school. It might give you an idea of the random thoughts that pass through these brilliant young minds!

Daimon: "Mom, What does indigenous mean?"
Mom: "It means it's something native to the region it's in. Like a cactus is indigenous to Arizona."
Daimon: "Oh, I get it now."

On almost a daily basis Daimon asks me the meaning of a new word he's heard. I usually have to give him all the definitions of the word and examples to satisfy his mind.

Daimon: "Mom, why do you have a teenage body?"
Mom: (laughing) ""what do you mean?"
Daimon: "I mean, you look like an 18 year old"
Mom: (smiling from ear to ear) "Oh, I wasn't aware of that"
Daimon: "Yep, you do, now you know"

Is this kid trying to score brownie points.....either way it worked. I could live a month on that compliment, extra dessert for him tonight!

Daimon: "Mom, I've never slipped on a banana peel!"
Mom: "Oh really?, that's great!"
Ellie: "Mom, can you really slip on a banana peel?"
Mom: "Well I guess you COULD, but it's not very likely"
Ellie: "See Daimon, I told you!"

Ellie: "Daimon, guess who's going to be President?"
Daimon: "Ellie, I don't want to talk about it!"
Ellie: "Just tell me if you know"
Daimon: "Yes I know, it's Barack Obama"
Ellie: "Yes, that's right and he's with the Democratic Party..... pause.... John McCain.... pause...... he's with the Republican Party...... pause..... Well I guess it's not horrible that Barack Obama won, we'll just have to be REALLY careful with all our money. I guess that's not too bad, it doesn't mean he's a bad person."
Mom: "No, he's not a bad person at all. I am sure he is a very nice person. Remember we need to make the best of every situation even if it's not exactly what we want."

With the recent election, Ellie is obsessing about politics AGAIN! The way these kids talk you'd think Ben and I are raving polititions and have frequent and fervent conversations about politics! I dont' know where this little girl comes from, but I can't wait to see where she's going!

I love these morning conversations. They always give me something to laugh about as I go about my day. It's these little things I will treasure for a lifetime! I LOVE THESE KIDS!

2 comments:

dustin and amy said...

I love those moments also. I love getting to know the person side my little people. Your kids are adorable, I loved reading their conversations. Let's get together soon!

Brenna said...

Love "morning musings" what a great name for it. What an awesome compliment.. the 18-year old body one. If they only knew just how much that means to us. Awesome post Kelly! THanks for sharing.
~Christine