Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Farmer Brown, Farmer Brown, How Does Your Garden Grow?

DSC_0001

DSC_0016

DSC_0003

This year I(Ben) decided to get my act together and plant a garden.  I planted a couple rows of seeds: Chives, Broccoli, Carrots, Spinach, Cantaloupe, Peas, and Green Beans.  But, I have to admit I went to Home Depot with Daimon and bought a couple starter plants: Tomato's, Squash, Herbs, Strawberry's, and Cucumber.  As you can see Ellie has been supervising the hole effort, even taking pictures with an old cell phone to make sure I am doing it right.  She goes out every afternoon and checks the progress and sings to the plants.  Her teacher Mrs. Childress told her if you sing to plants it helps them feel loved and grow better.  Our plants are definitely "feeling the love" on a daily basis!  It's an exciting new adventure, wish me luck!

1 comment:

dustin and amy said...

I love that Ellie sings to the plants, very cute!