Monday, August 11, 2008

Why didn't you set my Alarm.....!

DSC_0052

Kelly is trying to teach the kids a little independence this school year.  Before school started we bought them both alarm clocks.  On the first day of school they were so excited they got up before the alarm even went off.  On the second morning Daimon's Alarm went off about 30 seconds before Ellie's did.  Being super competitive as Ellie is, she ran into his room and turned his alarm off before he was even awake, yelling at him all the while.  In the process she also turned her alarm switch to the off position before it had the chance to go off.  This started an hour long debate before school.  "Dad why didn't you turn my alarm on last night?"  "I did." "No you didn't."  "Yes I did."  This went back and forth for about 30 minutes.  Finally, I tried to reason with her "Your clocks are not set for the exact same time, his goes off 30 seconds before yours."  "No it doesn't!"  I think you are starting to get my drift.  Finally I said "Ellie, I have had an alarm for about 20 years, do you really think you know more about alarms that I do?"  Her reply...... "YES!!!"  I gave up, set here clock for one minute before Daimon's so it will always goes off before his.... and walked out of her room.

No comments: