Thursday, July 10, 2008

Caffe Bella Italia - San Diego






A true foodie will appreciate this segment dedicated to my favorite thing to talk about...... FOOD! A visit to one of our favorite dinner spots is always must during our stay in San Diego. Should you choose to follow in our footsteps you will NOT be dissapointed! Our delectable dinner started with an appetizer of bacon wrapped scallops and asparagus tips in a creamy saffron sauce which left the kids asking for more. Daimon suggested I get the recipe from them so I can make it for him at home..... if only I'd been brave enough to ask! We chased those scallops down with a salad of spinach, goat cheese, golden raisins and pine nuts and a light and flavorful soup of pureed vegetables. With our stomachs sufficiantly "primed" we dove into our entree's with gusto only a foodie can muster. A butternut squash ravioli lightly drizzled with olive oil and sprinkled with parmesan and poppy seeds..... delicate and delicious. Our second dish was rosemary roasted filet mignion with polenta, roasted potatoes and juienned carrots and zucchini, savory and succulent! Daimon and Ellie went with the classic pizza and spaghetti with meat sauce that would satisfy any adult pallet. As if that wasn't enough we continued with the devotion of a true foodie and shared a chocolate volcano soufle topped with vanilla gelato. The entire meal was perfection from the attentive staff to the amazing food. My mouth waters just thinking about it and I can't wait for our next visit!
~Kelly

1 comment:

ArcoJedi said...

Nice photo blog! Just from my experience with my own blogs, I'd suggest not having the music play right away but I'd put the player in a more prominent place and let your visitors select play when their ready.